Class of 2019
The Graduation Ceremony for the Sibley School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Saturday, May 25, 2019
Location: Bailey Hall Auditorium
Time: 8:45 - 10:15 am (doors open at 8:00 am)
Live streaming available
PH.D.; Masters; M.Eng.; and B.S. Degrees will be recognized
Schedule for graduation ceremony on Saturday, May 25, 2019
- 8:00 am Doors open for seating at Bailey Hall Auditorium
- 8:45 am Ceremony begins
- 10:00 am Ceremony ends;
- 10:10 am Graduates and guests exit the auditorium; B.S. M.E. graduates gather on steps of Bailey Hall for a group photo.
- 10:15 am Reception begins on Bailey Hall Plaza
- 11:15 am Reception ends
- 12:00 pm Convocation begins at Schoellkopf Stadium
- Students: Please give tickets to your MAE Graduation Ceremony guests in advance. Graduating students will not require tickets; only guests will need tickets.
- A designated overflow space, 122 Rockefeller Hall, will be available for guests who do not have tickets to the MAE ceremony. The ceremony will be live streamed to 122 Rockefeller Hall. See the Rockefeller Map.
- All guests are invited to the reception on Bailey Plaza, in front of Bailey Hall, following the conclusion of the MAE Graduation Ceremony.
- If you and/or your guests plan to attend Convocation, which begins at 12:00 pm in Schoellkopf Stadium, please note that you may need to leave the reception before it's official conclusion.
- Parking is available in the the Forest Home Garage, off of Forest Home Drive, at the Human Ecology Building. Guests may also park anywhere behind Bailey Hall or in the N lot, below Tower Road, or in the Peterson lot or Wing Drive lots.View closed lots/routes and accessibility parking plans for commencement weekend, here.
- Saturday Campus Driving Routes and Bus Stops
- Learn more about Bailey Hall
Please note that guests with reduced mobility and/or limited stamina may arrive at the southwest side of Bailey Hall, near the entrance to the lower lobby at the southwest corner of the building (to the left of the main doors as you face Bailey Hall from the plaza). There is an elevator in the lobby for patrons’ use. A small lift in the auditorium may be used to transfer guests to and from the orchestra level. There is no parking in front of Bailey Hall. Guests may be dropped off at the side of Bailey before seeking parking, as needed. A campus map can be found here.
View closed lots/routes and accessibility parking plans for commencement weekend, here.
- FOUR tickets will be distributed to each graduating student. Students are instructed where to pick up their MAE Graduation Ceremony tickets. Students are to give these tickets to their guests prior to the morning of the MAE ceremony. All MAE guests are invited to the reception, following the MAE Graduation Ceremony, on the Bailey Plaza.
- There is no option to receive more than 4 tickets.
- Guests of graduating students should receive tickets in advance of the ceremony date.
- Guests should be seated, at the latest, by 8:35 AM The Ceremony will begin by 8:45 AM
- Graduating students will not need a ticket.
- Duration of the ceremony is approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Guests will remain seated as graduates exit and wait approximately 5 minutes before exiting to allow for an undergraduate group photo to be taken.
- Students' diplomas will be mailed to the home address on file in mid to late June
- Students should wear their academic regalia to the MAE Graduation Ceremony.
- Students will be assigned seats in the order in which they will be called up on stage (names will be posted to the back of each seat). Students should be seated by 8:35 AM Ph.D. candidates who will be hooded will be seated on the stage.
May 2019 degree recipients who also earned a B.S., M.E. December 2018 degree will be called on to the stage once, as an M.Eng. recipient.
- There is a limit of four guests per student.
- Guests should be seated by 8:35. We will begin the ceremony by 8:45 AM.
- Refreshments will be available directly after the MAE Graduation Ceremony. If needed, guests should bring a snack to be eaten before the MAE Graduation Ceremony (no food or drink is allowed in Bailey Hall).
- Guests must remain in their seats during the Ceremony; a professional photographer will be taking a picture as each graduate/award recipient is congratulated on stage.
- Photographs will be available for purchase on the University Photo Events Page.
- Guests should reserve, in advance, accommodations and restaurant reservations.
Cornell University Commencement Ceremony
Sunday, May 26, 10AM- 12PM , Schoellkopf Stadium
For more information on the Cornell University Commencement Ceremony visit the May Commencement Weekend Website.
Class of 2018
See photos of the 2018 Ceremony