Class of 2020
The Graduation Ceremony for the Sibley School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Ceremony will be live streamed
Saturday, May 23, 2020
Location: Bailey Hall Auditorium
Time: 8:45 - 10:15 am (doors open at 8:00 am)
PH.D.; Masters; M.Eng.; and B.S. Degrees will be recognized
Schedule for graduation ceremony on Saturday, May 23, 2020
- 8:00 am Doors open for seating at Bailey Hall Auditorium
- 8:35 am Guests and students should be seated
- 8:45 am Ceremony begins
- 10:00 am Ceremony ends
- 10:10 am Graduates and guests exit the auditorium; B.S. graduates gather on steps of Bailey Hall for a group photo.
- 10:15 am Reception begins on Bailey Hall Plaza
- 11:15 am Reception ends
- 12:30 pm Convocation begins at Schoellkopf Stadium
- FOUR tickets will be distributed to each graduating student. Students are instructed where to pick up their MAE Graduation Ceremony tickets. Students are to give these tickets to their guests prior to the morning of the MAE ceremony. All MAE guests are invited to the reception, following the MAE Graduation Ceremony, on the Bailey Plaza, regardless of whether or not they received a ticket.
- Graduating students will not need a ticket.
- There is no option to receive more than 4 tickets.
- Guests of graduating students should receive tickets in advance of the ceremony date.
- A first come first served line will be formed for guests without tickets who wish to wait for a possible open seat in Bailey (open seats are not guaranteed!). All guests with tickets must be seated before the doors will be opened to guests without tickets. Guests without a seat in Bailey may watch the ceremony in the overflow space in 122 Rockefeller Hall.
- Guests should be seated, at the latest, by 8:35 AM. The Ceremony will begin by 8:45 AM
- Duration of the ceremony is approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Guests will remain seated until graduates have exited the building.
- A designated overflow space, 122 Rockefeller Hall, will be available for guests who do not have tickets to the MAE ceremony. The ceremony will be live streamed to 122 Rockefeller Hall. See the Rockefeller Map.
- A professional group photo of the undergraduate class will be taken on the steps of Bailey Hall immediately following the ceremony.
- All guests are invited to the reception on Bailey Plaza, in front of Bailey Hall, following the conclusion of the MAE Graduation Ceremony.
- If you and/or your guests plan to attend Convocation, which begins at 12:30 pm in Schoellkopf Stadium, please note that you may leave the reception prior to 11:15 am, to get to the stadium.
- May 2020 MEng degree recipients who also earned a B.S. December 2019 degree will be called onto the stage once, as an M.Eng. degree recipient.
- Students: Please give tickets to your MAE Graduation Ceremony guests in advance. Graduating students will not require tickets; only guests will need tickets.
- Students should wear their academic regalia to the MAE Graduation Ceremony.
- Students will be assigned seats in the order in which they will be called up on stage (names will be posted to the back of each seat). Ph.D. candidates will be seated on the stage.
- Students' diplomas will be mailed to the home address on file in mid to late June.
- Refreshments will be available directly after the MAE Graduation Ceremony but, if needed, guests should bring a snack to be eaten before the MAE Graduation Ceremony (no food or drink is allowed in Bailey Hall).
- Guests must remain in their seats during the Ceremony; a professional photographer will be taking pictures as each graduate/award recipient is congratulated on stage.
- Portrait-style photographs will be available for purchase from GradImages (your graduate should have received email from the company, regarding their photos). All other professional images can be viewed and downloaded at the GradImages site for MAE ceremony PR images.
- Guests should reserve, in advance, accommodations and restaurant reservations.
- Parking is available in the the Forest Home Garage, off of Forest Home Drive, at the Human Ecology Building. Guests may also park anywhere behind Bailey Hall or in the N lot, below Tower Road, or in the Peterson lot or Wing Drive lots. View closed lots/routes and accessibility parking plans for commencement weekend, on the University Commencement website..
- Saturday Campus Driving Routes and Bus Stops
- Learn more about Bailey Hall
Please note that guests with reduced mobility and/or limited stamina may arrive at the southwest side of Bailey Hall, and enter the lower lobby at the southwest corner of the building (to the left of the main doors as you face Bailey Hall from the plaza). There is an elevator in the lower lobby for patrons to use to reach the auditorium. Guests may be dropped off at the side of Bailey before seeking parking, as needed. A campus map can be found here.
View closed lots/routes and accessibility parking plans for commencement weekend, on the University Commencement website.
Cornell University Commencement Ceremony
Sunday, May 24, 10AM- 12PM , Schoellkopf Stadium
For more information on the Cornell University Commencement Ceremony visit the May Commencement Weekend Website.
2019 Graduation Ceremony
See photos of the 2019 Ceremony