FOR THE CLASS OF 2018
THE SIBLEY SCHOOL OF MECHANICAL AND AEROSPACE ENGINEERING GRADUATION RECOGNITION CEREMONY WILL BE HELD ON
SATURDAY, MAY 26, 2018
MAE PH.D.; Masters; M.Eng.; B.S. Degrees will be recognized
Location for May 26, 2018 MAE Graduation Ceremony: Bailey Hall Auditorium
Schedule for Commencement on Saturday, May 26, 2018
- 8:15 am Doors open for seating at Bailey Hall Auditorium
- 8:45 am Ceremony begins
- 10:00 am Ceremony ends; graduates and guests exit Bailey Hall
- 10:15 am Reception begins on Bailey Hall Plaza
- 11:15 am Reception ends
- 12:00 pm Convocation begins at Schoellkopf Stadium
1. Students: Please give tickets to your MAE Commencement Ceremony guests in advance of Saturday a.m. Graduating students will not require tickets; only guests will need tickets.
2. A designated waiting area (TBD) will be available for guests who do not have tickets to the MAE ceremony. There is no live streaming of the MAE Graduation Ceremony.
3. All guests are invited to the reception on Bailey Plaza, in front of Bailey Hall, following conclusion of the MAE Graduation Ceremony.
4. Look for restroom signs on Bailey Plaza during the reception.
5. If you and/or your guests plan to attend Convocation, please note that you may need to leave the reception before it's official conclusion.
- FOUR tickets will be distributed to each graduating student over 2 weeks in May (Dates TBD). Students are instructed where to pick up their MAE Graduation Ceremony tickets. Students are to give these tickets to their guests prior to the morning of the MAE ceremony on May 26th. All MAE guests are invited to the reception, following the MAE Graduation Ceremony, on the Bailey Plaza.
- There is no option to receive more than 4 tickets.
- Guests of graduating students should receive tickets in advance from graduating students
- Guests should be seated, at the latest, by 8:35 a.m. The Ceremony will begin by 8:45 a.m.
- There is no admittance into the MAE Graduation Ceremony without a ticket.
- Graduating students will not need a ticket.
- Duration of ceremony is approximately 1 hour.
- Students' diplomas will be mailed to the home address on file in mid to late June
Students should wear their academic regalia to the MAE Graduation Ceremony.
Students will be assigned seats in the order in which they will be called up on stage (names will be posted to the back of each seat). Students should be seated by 8:35 a.m. Ph.D. students to be hooded will be seated on the stage area.
May 2018 degree recipients who also earned a B.S., M.E. December 2017 degree will be called on to the stage once as an M.Eng. recipient.
- There is a limit of four guests per student. No guests will be admitted to the MAE Graduation Ceremony without a ticket.
- Guests should be seated by 8:35, if possible. We will begin the ceremony by 8:45 a.m..
- Refreshments will be available directly after the MAE Graduation Ceremony. If needed, guests should bring a snack to be eaten before the MAE Graduation Ceremony.
- Guests must remain in their seats during the Ceremony; a professional photographer will be taking a picture as each graduate/award recipient is congratulated on stage.
- Photographs will be available for purchase on the University Photo Events Page at http://univcomm.cornell.edu/photography/events/events_index.html
- Guests should reserve, in advance, sleeping arrangements and restaurant reservations.
Click here for Mobility-Impaired Parking and Seating Options for Schoellkopf Stadium.
Cornell University Severe Weather Plan effective for the University Commencement Ceremony, May 26, 2018:Severe Weather Plan for Sunday. Our Severe Weather Plan (SWP) is defined as potentially dangerous weather, torrential downpour, high winds, lightning, and any other condition deemed too unsafe to hold the ceremony outside at the stadium. If it is only raining, the ceremony will remain outdoors at Schoellkopf Stadium. To be announced at 8:00 a.m. on May 28.
Cornell University Commencement - Severe Weather Plan: http://commencement.cornell.edu/May/tickets.html
Guests may gather in Hollister B14, Phillips 101, or Duffield Atrium and use their own devices to live stream the University Commencement Ceremony.