Dr. Cui Joined the Cornell MAE faculty as the Visiting Associate Professor in November 2019. He holds a B.S. from Ludong University in Physics, and a Ph.D. from the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences in Materials, specializing in Tribology. Following her graduate studies, He completed her post-doctoral training with Dr. Ziming Kou in the Department of Mechanics at the Taiyuan University of Technology. He held an independent faculty position in the College of Mechanical and Vehicle Engineering of Taiyuan University of Technology from July 2013 until his appointment at Cornell.
Dr. Cui’s work in Tribology both basic science and translational applications. The general objective of her lab is to reduce the wear of mechanical parts under serious working conditions. Concordant with this general objective, the ongoing focus of the lab evaluates 3 major research directions: 1 The study of wear and friction of mechanical parts at elevated temperatures 2 The preparation of self-lubricating composites under serious working conditions 3 The study of the self-lubricating artificial joint.
- Gongjun Cui, Jian Ren, Zhangxiang Lu. The Microstructure and Wear Characteristics of Cu-Fe Matrix Friction Material with Addition of SiC. Tribology Letters, 65; 108: 2017.
- Hongbin Xuan, Gongjun Cui*. Tribological properties of Fe-Cr-B alloy for sliding boot in coal mining machine under dry sliding condition. Industrial Lubrication and Tribology, 69; 142-148: 2017.
- Gongjun Cui, Junrui Han, Guoxiong Wu. High-temperature wear behavior of self-lubricating Co matrix alloys prepared by P/M. Wear, 346; 116-123: 2016.
- Gongjun Cui, Jin Wei, Gongxiong Wu. Wear behavior of Fe-Cr-B alloys under dry sliding condition. Industrial Lubrication and Tribology, 67(4); 336-343: 2015.
- Gongjun Cui, Junxia Li, Guoxiong Wu. Friction and Wear Behavior of Bronze Matrix Composites for Seal in Antiwear Hydraulic Oil. Tribology Transactions, 58(1); 51-58: 2015.
- Jin Wei, Gongjun Cui*. Friction and Wear Behavior of Fe-Cr-B Alloys in Liquid Paraffin Oil. Journal of Tribology-Transactions of the ASME, 137; 031603: 2015.
- Juan Wu, Gongjun Cui, Ziming Kou, Guoxiong Wu. Friction and Wear Behavior of Several Fe Matrix Alloys in Distilled Water. Tribology Transactions, 58; 97-105: 2015.
- Gongjun Cui, Lei Lu, Juan Wu, Yanping Liu, Guijun Gao. Microstructure and tribological properties of Fe-Cr matrix self-lubricating composites against Si3N4 at high temperature. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 611; 235-242: 2014.
- Gongjun Cui, Ziming Kou. The effect of boron on mechanical behavior and microstructure for Fe-Cr matrix alloy prepared by P/M. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 586; 699-702: 2014.
- Gongjun Cui, Qinling Bi, Jun Yang, Weimin Liu. Effect of normal loads on tribological properties of bronze-graphite composite under sea water condition. Tribology Transactions, 57 (2); 308-316: 2014.
- Gongjun Cui, Qinling Bi, Jun Yang, Weimin Liu. Synergistic effect of alumina and graphite on bronze matrix composites: Tribological behaviors in sea water. Wear, 303; 216-224: 2013.
- Gongjun Cui, Qinling Bi, Jun Yang, Weimin Liu. Fabrication and study on tribological characteristics of bronze-alumina-silver composite under sea water condition. Materials and Design, 46; 473-484: 2013.
- Gongjun Cui, Qinling Bi, Jun Yang, Weimin Liu. The bronze-silver self-lubricating composite under the sea water condition. Tribology International, 60; 83-92: 2013.
- Gongjun Cui, Qinling Bi, MuyeNiu, Jun Yang, Weimin Liu. The tribological properties of Bronze-SiC-Graphite composites under sea water condition. Tribology International, 60; 25-35: 2013.
- Gongjun Cui, MuyeNiu, Shengyu Zhu, Jun Yang, Qinling Bi. Dry-Sliding Tribological Properties of Bronze–Graphite Composites. Tribology Letters, 48; 111-122: 2012.
Ph.D. M.A. (Materials Science and Engineering), State Key Laboratory of Solid Lubrication, Lanzhou Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Lanzhou China. Tutor: Weimin Liu academician
B.A. (Physics), Ludong University, Yantai, China