Academic year: 2016 - 2017
August 2016 view all August events
September 2016 view all September events
- 9/6/2016 MAE Colloquium: Dr. Robert D. Braun (Georgia Institute of Technology), "Entry, Descent and Landing Technology Advancement to Enable a New Era of Mars Exploration"
- 9/13/2016 CFSeminar: Jialun Wang (Chemical Engineering, Cornell University), and Dr. Poornima Padmanabhan (Chemical Engineering, Cornell University)
- 9/13/2016 MAE Colloquium: Professor Matthew R. Begley (University of California, Santa Barbara), "Virtual Testing of Two-phase Materials and Field Assisted 3-D Printing"
- 9/20/2016 CFSeminar: Professor Michel Louge (Cornell University), "Statistical Mechanics of the Triple Contact Line"
- 9/20/2016 MAE Colloquium: Naomi Ehrich Leonard (Princeton University), "Human Decision-Making and Multi-Armed Bandit Problems"
- 9/27/2016 CFSeminar: Professor Olivier Desjardins (Cornell University), "Numerical Study of Liquid Jet Atomization in Supersonice Crossflows"
- 9/27/2016 MAE Colloquium: Dennice F. Gayme (John Hopkins University), "The Restricted Nonlinear Model: a minimal model for self-sustaining turbulence in wall bounded shear flows"
October 2016 view all October events
- 10/4/2016 CFSeminar: Prateek Sehgal, "Surface acoustics-based separation of cancer-cell-derived microvesicles and exosomes"
- 10/4/2016 MAE Colloquium: James Cutler (University of Michigan), "Pre to Post CubeSats"
- 10/18/2016 CFSeminar: Ignacio Sepúlveda, "Uncertainty Analysis of Tsunami Hazard Assessments"
- 10/18/2016 MAE Colloquium: Robert Wood (Harvard John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences), "Progress on Insect-inspired Robots"
- 10/25/2016 CFSeminar: Professor Greg Bewley (Cornell University), "TBA"
- 10/25/2016 MAE Colloquium: Perrine Pepiot, Assistant Professor (Cornell University), "Applying Detailed Chemical Kinetics Knowledge to the Modeling and Simulation of Complex Reative Flows"
November 2016 view all November events
- 11/1/2016 CFSeminar: Dr. Kris Rowe, "TBA"
- 11/1/2016 MAE Colloquium: Sven Schmitz (The Pennsylvania State University), "Breezy Mysteries”—Understanding Wind Turbine Wakes Using High Fidelity Simulation & Visualization"
- 11/8/2016 MAE Colloquium: Suzanne Maher, Ph.D. (Hospital for Special Surgery), "Predicting Outcomes after Knee Surgery: An Engineers Approach"
- 11/15/2016 MAE Colloquium: Robert Ecke (Los Alamos National Laboratory), "Granular Material in a Laboratory Earthquake System: Characterization of Earthquake Magnitude Statistics"
- 11/29/2016 MAE Colloquium: Sindy KY Tang (Stanford University), "Order and Chaos*: Collective Behavior of Crowded Drops in Microfluidic Systems"