Welcome to the Immunotherapy and Cell Engineering Laboratory (ICEL).
40. S Shah & A Singh. Creating artificial lymphoid tissues to study immunity and hematological malignancies. Curr Opin Hematol. 2017 Apr 19. doi: 10.1097/MOH.0000000000000356.
39. A Singh. Biomaterials innovation for next generation ex vivo immune tissue engineering. Biomaterials. 2017, 130:104-110.
38. Guss J.D., Horsfield, M.W., Fontenele, F.F., Sandoval, T.N.,
Luna, M., Apoorva, F., Lima, S.F., Bicalho, R.C., Singh, A., Ley, R.E., van der
Meulen, M.C.H., Goldring, S.R., Hernandez, C.J. Alterations to the Gut
Microbiome Impair Bone Strength and Tissue Material Properties. J Bone Miner
Res. (2017) In Press.
37. A Purwada & A Singh. Immuno-engineered organoids for regulating the kinetics of B-cell development and antibody production. Nature Protocols 12, 168–182 (2017) Link
36. FNU Apoorva, Ye F Tian, Timothy M Pierpont, David M Bassen, Leandro Cerchietti, Jonathan T Butcher, Robert S Weiss, Ankur Singh. Lymph Node Stiffness Mimicking Hydrogels Regulate Human B Cell Lymphoma Growth and Cell Surface Receptor Expression in a Molecular Subtype‐Specific Manner. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A (2017, Accepted)
35. Shivem Shah and Ankur Singh. Cellular Self-assembly and Biomaterials-based Organoid Models of Development and Diseases. Acta Biomaterialia. 2017 (In press)LINK
34. A Purwada, S Shah, W Beguelin, A Melnick, A. Singh. Modular Immune Organoids with Integrin Ligand Specificity Differentially Regulate Ex vivo B Cell Activation. ACS Biomaterials Science and Engineering (2016). DOI: 10.1021/acsbiomaterials.6b00474 Link* Part of Journal Cover
33. Madasamy P., Lokhande G., Singh A., Gaharwar A.K., Engineered Nanomaterials for Infection Control and Healing Acute and Chronic Wounds. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces. 2016, 8(16), 10049-10069.
32. Purwada A, Tian YF, Huang W, Rohrbach KM, Deol S, August A, Singh, A. Self-assembly Protein Nanogels for Safer Cancer Immunotherapy. Advanced Healthcare Materials. 5(12), 1413-1419 (2016) (DOI: 10.1002/adhm.201501062).
31. Holyoak D, Tian YF, van der Meulen M, Singh A. Osteoarthritis: Pathology, Mouse Models, and Nanoparticle Injectable Systems for Targeted Treatment. Annals of Biomedical Engineering. 2016, In Press. (DOI: 10.1007/s10439-016-1600-z)
30. Tian YF, Ahn H, Schneider RS, Yang SN, Roman-Gonzalez L, Melnick AM, Cerchietti L, Singh A. Integrin-specific hydrogels as adaptable tumor organoids for malignant B and T cells. Biomaterials. 2015;73:110-9. Link
3-D organoids allow tests of lymphoma treatments - Cornell Chronicle
29. Purwada A, Jaiswal MK, Ahn H, Nojima T, Kitamura D, Gaharwar AK, Cerchietti L, Singh A. Ex vivo Engineered Immune Organoids for Controlled Germinal Center Reactions. Biomaterials, 2015, 3;63:24-34. Link
TOP 100 STORIES OF 2015 - #63 - Artificial Immune Tissues Produce Antibodies - Discover Magazine
28. Cayrol F, Díaz Flaqué MC, Fernando T, Yang SN, Sterle HA, Bolontrade M, Amorós M, Isse B, Farías RN, Ahn H, Tian YF, Tabbò F, Singh A, Inghirami G, Cerchietti L, Cremaschi GA. Integrin αVβ3 acting as membrane receptor for thyroid hormones mediates angiogenesis in malig6nant T cells. Blood, 2015;125(5):841-51. Link Free PDF
26. Apoorva, FNU, Singh, A. Biomaterial-Based Modulation of Cancer. Biomaterials in Regenerative Medicine and the Immune System. Springer 2015, pp 171-192 Link
|25. C W. Peak, J K. Carrow, A Thakur, A Singh, A K. Gaharwar. Elastomeric Cell-Laden Nanocomposite Microfibers for Engineering Complex Tissues. Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering, , Volume 8, Issue 3, pp 404-415 Link|
|24. Joshi N, Shirsath N, Singh A, Joshi KS, Banerjee R. Endogenous lung surfactant inspired pH responsive nanovesicle aerosols: Pulmonary compatible and site-specific drug delivery in lung metastases . Scientific Reports 2014, 4:7085 Link|
23. A Singh and N. A. Peppas. Hydrogels and Scaffolds for Immunomodulation. Advanced Materials, 2014, 26 (38), 6530–6541. Link
|22. R G Patel, A Purwada, L Cerchietti, G Inghirami, A Melnick, A K Gaharwar, A Singh. Microscale bio-adhesive hydrogel arrays for cell engineering. Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering, 2014, In Press Link |
**Prof. Singh named a 2014 Young Innovator in Cellular and Molecular Bioengineering
| 21. A Singh*, R Agarwal, C Diaz, N J. Willett, PWang, L. A Lee, Q Wang, R E. Guldberg, A J. García. Nano-engineered particles for enhanced intra-articular retention and delivery of proteins. Advanced Healthcare Materials. 2014, In Press Link|
* Cornell Affiliation
|20. R G. Patel, A Singh. Miniature Medicine: Nanomaterials for therapeutic delivery and cell engineering applications. IEEE Pulse, March/April 2014, 10.1109/MPUL.2013.2296801 Link|
19. A Purwada, K Roy, A Singh. Engineering Vaccines and Niches for Immune Modulation. Acta Biomaterialia, 2014;10(4):1728-40. Link
| Edited Book:|
Singh, A, Gaharwar, A K. (Eds.). Microscale Technologies for Cell Engineering. Springer. 2015 Link
18. Garcia, J. G., Singh, A., & Garcia, A. J. . High fidelity nanopatterning of proteins onto well-defined surfaces through subtractive contact printing. Methods in Cell Biology. 2014;119:277-92.
17. S Suri, A Singh, A Ngyuen, T C McDevitt, H Lu. Microfluidic-based patterning of embryonic stem cells for in vitro development studies. Lab on a Chip 2013, In Press. Link
16. A Singh, S Suri, T Lee, J M Chilton, W Chen, J Fu, S L Stice, H Lu, T C McDevitt, A J Garcia. Adhesive signature-based, label free isolation of human pluripotent stem cells. Nature Methods 2013, 10:438-444. Link
Nature Materials: News and Views –Abilez, O.J. & Wu, J.C. Stem cell isolation: Differential stickiness. Nature Materials 12, 474-476 (2013).
15. D W Dumbauld, T T Lee, A Singh, J Scrimgeour, C A Gersbach, E A Zamir, J Fu, C S Chen, J E Curtis, S Craig, A J Garcia. How vinculin regulates force transmission. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA (Direct Submission), 2013 110 (24) 9788-979 Link
14. A M Bratt-Leal, A H Nguyen, K A Hammersmith, A Singh, T C McDevitt. Morphogen Delivery within Pluripotent Stem Cell Aggregates via Incorporated Microparticles. Biomaterials, 2013; 34(30):7227-35 Link
13. Wilson JL, Suri S, Singh A, Rivet CA, Lu H, McDevitt TC. Single-Cell Analysis of Embryoid Body Heterogeneity Using Microfluidic Trapping Array. Biomedical Microdevices. 2014; 16(1):79-90. Link
12. A Singh, P. Pradhan, and K. Roy. Immunoengineering approaches towards combinatorial delivery of immune-modulators and antigens. Novel Immune Potentiators and next generation vaccines, Manmohan Singh (ed.), Novartis, 2013, pages 161-181. Springer.
11. S Coyer*, A Singh* (* equal author contribution), D W. Dumbauld, D A. Calderwood, S W. Craig, E Delmarche, A J Garcia. Nanopatterning reveals an ECM area threshold for focal adhesion assembly and force transmission that is regulated by integrin activation and cytoskeleton tension. Journal of Cell Science 2012, 125:5110-5123. Link
10. R Whitmire, D. S Wilson, A Singh, M E. Levenston, N Murthy, and A J. García. Self-assembling nanoparticles for intra-articular delivery of anti-inflammatory proteins. Biomaterials 2012, 33(30):7665-75. Link
09. A Singh, H Qin, I Fernandez, J Wei, L Jian, L W Kwak, K Roy. An injectable synthetic immune-priming center mediates efficient T-cell class switching and T-helper 1 response against B cell lymphoma. Journal of Controlled Release 2011, 55(2): 184-192. Link
08. S Suri, L Han, A Singh, S Chen, C Schmidt. Solid Freeform Fabrication of Designer Scaffolds of Hyaluronic Acid for Neural Tissue Engineering. Biomedical Microdevices 2011, 13(6):983-93. Link
07. A Singh, K. Roy. Synthetic niches for Stem Cell differentiation into T cells. Studies in Mechanobiology, Tissue engineering and Biomaterials (SMTEB), Vol.2, Krishnendu Roy (ed.) 2010, pages 225-245. Springer.
06. B Ghosn, A Singh, M Li, A V.Vlassov, N Puri, K Roy. Efficient gene silencing in lungs and liver using imidazole-modified chitosan as a nanocarrier for siRNA. Oligonucleotides 2010, 20(3): 163-172.
05. A Singh, S Suri, K Roy. In-situ crosslinking hydrogels for combinatorial delivery of chemokines and siRNA-DNA carrying microparticles to dendritic cells. Biomaterials 2009, 30(28), 5187-00.
04. S Suri, A Singh, CE Schmidt. Photofunctionalization of Materials to Promote Protein and Cell Interactions for Tissue-Engineering Applications. Biological Interactions on Materials Surfaces, Bizios-Pauleo (eds.) 2009, pages 225-245. Springer
03. A Singh, H Nie, B Ghosn, H Qin, LW Kwak, K Roy. Efficient modulation of T cell response by dual-mode, single carrier delivery of cytokine-targeted siRNA and DNA vaccine to antigen presenting cells. Molecular Therapy 2008, 16 (12), 2011–2021.
02. A Singh, H Nie, B Ghosn, K Roy. SiRNA for Therapeutic Immuno-modulation: Simultaneous Delivery of Cytokine-targeted SiRNA and DNA Antigens to Dendritic Cells using Polymer Microcarriers. NSTI Nanotech 2008;2(4):350-35301.
01. B Ghosn, A Singh, K Roy.Efficient siRNA Delivery by Secondary and Tertiary Amine Modified Polysaccharides. NSTI Nanotech 2008;2(4):338-34
- US Patent Filed: A Singh, S Suri, H Lu, T C McDevitt, A J Garcia. Adhesive Signature-Based Methods for the Isolation of Stem Cells & Cells Derived Therefrom, Jun 2012
- US Patent Filed: A Singh, K Roy, S P Kasturi. , Hydrogels for Combinatorial Delivery of ImmuneModulating Bio Molecules, April 2010. PCT/US2010/031866.
- US Patent Filed: K Roy, P Wanakule, A Singh. Novel Triggered release of drugs from polymer particles, Jul 2009. PCT/US2009/050158.
- Indian Patent Filed: R Banerjee, N Joshi, K Joshi, A Singh. Lipid nanovesicles for improved delivery of anticancer drugs as aerosols and intravenous formulations. Jun 2009. 1477/MUM/2009.