Students must apply for affiliation with a Major during the first semester of the sophomore year, although earlier affiliation may be granted at the discretion of the Major. To apply for affiliation, students should visit the office of the undergraduate Major consultant in the Major of their choice and complete an Application for Major Affiliation.
Affiliation Requirements for Mechanical Engineering
- A grade of at least C- in ENGRD 2020 and all completed required math, science, and computer science courses. ENGRD 2210 is recommended prior to affiliation. A grade point average of 2.5 or higher in the following set of courses: ENGRD 2210 (if taken), Math 2930, Physics 2213, ENGRD 2020.
- The following list of courses should be completed by the end of the first semester of your sophomore year. If you are missing any of these courses, please indicate when you intend to take that course(s).
- Phys Ed (2 semesters plus swim test)
- First-Year Writing (2 semesters)
- CS 1xxx* (Matlab recommended)
- Engri 1xxx
- Engrd 2020
- Math 1910
- Math 1920
- Math 2930
- Chem 2090
- Phys 1112
- Phys 2213
- Engrd 2210 (recommended to be completed by your third semester)
*Students entering prior to Fall 2012: If CS 1110 was taken, CS 1132 will be required. If CS 1112 was taken, CS 1130 will be required. A transition CS course is not required for students entering Fall 2012 and beyond.
Your AP credits and transferred credits should appear in Student Center before your record is to be considered. The affiliation application form is available from the Engineering Registrar. This is the only form required. Please complete the top portion and submit to 108 Upson.
Unaffiliated students intending to affiliate with MechE may subscribe to the MechE Blog