Sibley School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Graduation Recognition Ceremony - Sunday, May 28, 2017
MAE PH.D.; Masters; M.Eng.; B.S. Degrees will be recognized
Location for May 28, 2017 MAE Graduation Ceremony: MAE Graduation Ceremony Tent on the Cornell Engineering Quad
Schedule for Commencement on Sunday, May 28, 2017
- 8:00am Gates Open for Guest Seating at University Commencement - Schoelkopf Stadium
- 9:15 am Students Assemble for Academic Procession By College - Arts Quad
- 11:00 am University Commencement Begins (Degrees Conferred) - Schoelkopf Stadium
- 12:30 pm Graduates Seated in MAE Ceremony Graduation Tent on the Engineering Quad
- 12:45pm MAE Graduation Ceremony begins. Live Streaming is not available
- 2:15pm MAE Reception in the Tent Area
In the event of severe weather, the University Ceremony will be held in Barton Hall and the MAE Graduation Ceremony will be cancelled.
If there is severe weather at any time during the MAE Graduation Ceremony, the Ceremony will be cancelled. A room in Kimball or Hollister Hall (tba) will be designated solely for the purpose of photographing graduating students, by a professional photographer. Due to limited space, guests will be unable to be present.
Students: Please give your tickets in advance of
Sunday a.m. to your guests who are planning to attend the MAE Graduation
Ceremony on Sunday.
2. Hollister B14, a designated waiting area, will be available for guests who do not have tickets to the MAE ceremony. There is no live streaming of the MAE Graduation Ceremony.
All guests are invited to the reception tent,
located directly across from the Graduation Tent after completion of the MAE Graduation Ceremony.
4. Entrance to the Graduation Tent will be facing Hollister Hall (west).
5. Bathrooms are located on first floor of Kimball Hall.
- Three tickets will be distributed to each graduating student from May 12 to May 18. Students have been instructed where to pick-up their MAE Graduation Ceremony tickets. Students are to give these tickets to their guests prior to the graduating students assembling on the morning of May 29 on the Arts Quad. All MAE guests are invited to the reception, following the MAE Graduation Ceremony, on the Engineering Quad.
- Guests of graduating students should receive tickets in advance from graduating students
- Guests should be seated, at the latest, by 12:35. The Ceremony will begin by 12:45 p.m.
- There is no admittance into the MAE Graduation Ceremony tent without a ticket.
- Graduating students will not need a ticket.
- Duration of ceremony is approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Students' diplomas will be mailed to the home address on file in mid to late June
Students should wear their academic regalia to the MAE Graduation Ceremony.
Students will be assigned seats in the order in which they will be called-up on stage (names will be posted to the back of each seat). Students should be seated by 12:30. Ph.D. students to be hooded will be seated on the stage area.
May 2017 degree recipients who also earned a B.S., M.E. January 2017 degree will be called on to the stage once as an M.Eng. recipient.
- There is a limit of three guests per student. No guests will be admitted to the MAE Graduation Ceremony tent initially, without a ticket.
- Guests should be seated by 12:35, if possible. We will begin the ceremony by 12:45 p.m..
- Refreshments will be available directly after the MAE Graduation Ceremony. If needed, guests should bring a snack to be eaten before the MAE Graduation Ceremony. Water will be placed next to each seat in the MAE Graduation Ceremony tent.
- Guests must remain in their seats during the Ceremony; a professional photographer will be taking a picture as each graduate/award recipient is congratulated on stage.
- Photographs will be available for purchase directly from University Photography via an on-line link which will be sent to students. General event photos will be available on the University Photo Image Library at http://univcomm.cornell.edu/photography/events/events_index.html
- Guests should reserve, in advance, sleeping arrangements and restaurant reservations.
Click here for Mobility-Impaired Parking and Seating Options for Schoellkopf Stadium.